Mattson Technology, Inc., including all of our subsidiaries, (collectively referred to as “Mattson Technology,” the “Company” or “we”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that any personal data collected through our website (www.mattson.com) is maintained safe.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect personal data from and about our website users, both directly when you provide it and automatically while you visit our website, as follows:
- Personal Data You Provide. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Through our website, Mattson Technology may request, or provide an opportunity to submit, personal data in connection with an online feature or service. For example, for job applicants to use our online employment application service, certain information, including but not limited to name, address, contact numbers and work history, is required for the application to be fully considered. This information is used primarily for the purposes of determining the applicant’s suitability for employment, but the Company reserves the right to use the information for other purposes consistent with this policy.
At any time, you may prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, any already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software program. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely accessible or functional.
Use of Personal Data
We use personal data you submit on our website to meet our legitimate business interests. This includes responding to your requests, inquiries, or otherwise serve you in ways associated with the circumstances under which you provided the information. We do not use your personal data for marketing purposes unless you agree or opt-in to such usage. Marketing may include sending you communications about our products and services or other communications targeted to your interests. Additionally, we may use your personal data to execute an agreement or transaction concluded through the website and to meet our legal obligations with regards to the agreement or transaction.
- Job Applications. We will only use personal data provided by job applicants for recruitment purposes.
- Use of Automatically-Collected Information. We use information we collect automatically through logging and Cookie technologies for legitimate business interests, to facilitate your use of our website, to analyze usage, to improve user experience, to deliver better service and when required, to support law enforcement requests.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information is processed. We may retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, upon request, we will try to delete your personal information in a timely manner.
Sharing of Personal Data
We will not share your personal data with any third party for that party’s marketing purposes, although we may also disclose your information to certain third parties as described below.
- Business Transfers. If Mattson Technology is involved in a merger, acquisition, business combination, reorganization or other transfer of some, or all of, the company’s business, your personal data may be transferred to the buyer or other successor to Mattson Technology.
- Non-Personal Data. We may disclose aggregated information about our website users, and information that does not identify or allow for the identification of a particular person, at our discretion.
Note that your personal data may be shared with and stored in countries outside your own, including in the U.S. and other countries that may not protect personal data to the same extent. By submitting your personal data, including your application and related information, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal data as described in this policy.
Mattson Technology has implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we use industry-standard efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted through our website.
Accessing and Updating Personal Data
You can access and change personal data provided to us as described below. Subject to limitations in applicable law, you also have a right of restriction, opposition, erasure and portability. We generally will respond to requests within 30 days of receipt.
- Job Applicant Information. To inquire about, review, obtain a copy of or modify an application or other information submitted for employment purposes, you should resubmit the revised information through the Career page of our website. If you wish to have your employment-related information removed from our system, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, email address and phone number as submitted with your application (note, however, that we may retain certain information for regulatory purposes).
- Other Personal Data. To access and have personal information you have provided through our websites (other than the Career page) updated or removed, please email your request to email@example.com.
Note that you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in your country if you think that Mattson Technology did not adequately address your concern.
Links to Other Websites
If you are under the age of majority in your home jurisdiction, please do not use or access the website. It is not our intention to collect or use personal data from anyone under the age of majority, and we will not knowingly do so.
California Privacy Rights
For California Residents Only. Mattson Technology will not share your personal information with any third party for that party’s marketing purposes.
European Privacy Rights
For European Residents Only. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, the source of the personal data, and the existence of any automated decision making;
- Obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- Request that personal information held about you is deleted;
- Prevent or restrict processing of your personal data; and
- Request transfer of personal data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company has also engaged a third-party, Saenger Consulting GmbH & Co. KG, as its Data Protection Officer for its German subsidiary, to ensure full compliance with the GDPR. Contact details for the Data Protection Officer:
Saenger Consulting GmbH & Co. KG
Contact details for Mattson Technology, Inc.
47131 Bayside Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538 USA
Contact details for Mattson Thermal Products GmbH:
Last Updated: June 2018