Online Collection of Personal Data
We collect personal data from and about our website users, both directly when you provide it and automatically while you visit our website, as follows:
- Personal Data You Provide. Personal Data or Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Through our website, Mattson may request, or provide an opportunity to submit, personal data in connection with an online feature or service.
Location data: When you access our website (either public or internal) by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store location data, which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location Data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Location Data may be used to personalize and customize your experience when using the Service, facilitate the functionality of certain features within the Service, and to improve the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of Location Data is impaired or disabled.
Use of Personal Data
Personal Data you submit either online or offline, in the regular course of business will be used only to the extent necessary to meet our Legitimate Business Interests. This includes responding to inquiries or requests (including requests for customer support or technical assistance), to otherwise perform our obligations or act consistently with our terms of service, to respond to law enforcement or other governmental or legal authorities, and to otherwise use the information consistent with your instructions to. If you wish to change these instructions, please see “Managing Your Information” below.
By providing your Personal Information or by accessing our online services, you acknowledge that Mattson may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes consistent with this policy. Marketing may include sending you communications about our products and services or other communications targeted to your interests. Additionally, we may use your Personal Data to execute an agreement or transaction concluded either online or offline and to meet our legal obligations with regards to the agreement or transaction.
Note to Job Applicants. For job applicants to use our online employment application service, certain information, including but not limited to name, address, contact numbers and work history, is required for the application to be fully considered. This information is used primarily for the purposes of determining the applicant’s suitability for employment, but Mattson reserves the right to use the information for other purposes consistent with this policy.
The Legal Basis We Have for Collection of Your Personal Data
The CCPA and GDPR requires covered businesses or data collectors, such as Mattson, to disclose the legal basis to collect and use the Personal Data of California consumers and EEA residents, respectively. Therefore, this section shall apply to any such Personal Data collected by Mattson.
Mattson uses the Personal Data that you provide to supply you with high-quality products and services as you request, to send important notices, and for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, product fulfilment, satisfaction of contractual terms and research (“Legitimate Business Interests”). This section also applies to collection of Personal Data with respect to Vendors, Suppliers and other Service Providers.
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data is your consent and/or by contractual agreement. Either by providing Personal Data by digital, electronic or paper means you consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Data. In the event that you have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Vendor Request Forms, or other commercial agreement, you have entered into a legally binding contract which requires the disclosure of Personal Data for Mattson to fulfill its obligations under the NDA or other commercial agreement for the specific purposes described therein and in subsequent contracts/agreements in furtherance of your stated interests in Mattson products, services or other commercial relationships. In certain circumstances we may otherwise process your Personal Data if Mattson has a Legitimate Business Interest in doing so.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
We will store your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information is processed. We may retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, upon request, we will try to delete your Personal Information in a timely manner.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose or share your Personal Data to the extent necessary to meet our Legitimate Business Interests. We do not share your Personal Data with any third party for that party’s marketing purposes, although we may also disclose your information to certain third parties as described below:
- Service Providers and Agents. We may share Personal Data with outside service providers or agents for Legitimate Business Interests.
- Legal Compliance or Enforcement. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe disclosure is necessary to: (i) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal process, including a law enforcement, regulatory or court-authorized request; or (ii) protect the rights, property or safety of Mattson.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your Personal Information as necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of Mattson’s business, assets or equity.
- Non-Personal Data. We may disclose aggregated information about our website users, and information that does not identify or allow for the identification of a particular person, at our discretion.
Mattson has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Note that no security measures are 100% foolproof, and no network or system (including ours or transmission of information over the Internet) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
Managing Your Information
You have choices to access information we collect about you and about how we use or disclose that information. This section details those choices, including how you can exercise rights with respect to your information (including personally identifiable information), how you can opt out of collection and use of certain types of information for certain purposes (such as marketing), and how you can use your browser or third-party tools to disable certain collection methods (such as cookies or tracking technologies).
We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Mattson features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of our using your information for these purposes, you can contact us at [email protected] to opt out.
Cookies, Tracking Technologies and Do Not Track – How to Opt-Out
If you prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the services.
Currently, Mattson’s infrastructure does not utilize Do Not Track functionalities. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have interacted with that service on the page.
Accessing and Updating Personal Data
You can access and change Personal Data provided to us as described below. Subject to limitations in applicable law, you also have a right of restriction, opposition, erasure and portability. We generally will respond to requests within 30 days of receipt.
- Job Applicant Information. To inquire about, review, obtain a copy of or modify an application or other information submitted for employment purposes, you should resubmit the revised information through the Career page of our website. If you wish to have your employment-related information removed from our system, please send an email to [email protected] and include your name, email address and phone number as submitted with your application (note, however, that we may retain certain information for regulatory purposes).
- Other Personal Data. To access and have Personal Information you have provided (other than the Career page) updated or removed, please email your request to [email protected].
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an external website linked from a website, you will leave our website. While we try to link only to websites that share our standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties or the content of linked websites. We encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies and terms and conditions of such parties or websites.
Mattson is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information of a child under the age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable. Please contact us at [email protected] if you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 13.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
The California Consumer Privacy Act, or CCPA, requires businesses subject to this law to provide consumers who are residents of California with certain rights regarding their Personal Information. Mattson does not sell Personal Information, so no opt-out or opt-in choices apply.
Here’s a summary of rights for California consumers under the CCPA:
- Your Right to Disclosures. You have the right to know:
- The categories of Personal Information we may collect about you.
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security Number, ITIN or EIN number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security Number, ITIN or EIN number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran or military status.|
|D. Biometric information.||Examples may include physiological, behavioral, genetic related or biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystrokes, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website or application.|
|F. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or job title, roles, responsibilities and/or authorities.|
- The categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information.
- Passively when you access our website, to the extent your web browser provides this information to our servers (e.g., your operating system, and screen resolution) and also based on your service usage (e.g., when and from what IP address you log on to our services).
- Actively when you access our website to request information relating to requests for purchase or additional information regarding offered products or services.
- Use of proprietary Mattson or third-party software (such as SAP) as part of the operation and functionality of certain purchased products or services.
- Commercial Agreements (NDAs, Service Agreements, Sales Contracts, Vendor Agreements, Supplier Agreements, End User License Agreements, etc.)
- Publications, Presentations, Industry/Trade Journals to the extent that they are not publicly accessible or available.
- Sources required for or in furtherance of compliance with government regulations, particularly Import/Export regulations, such as Restricted Party Screenings.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information. We collect your Personal Information to promote our services, to provide them, to support them and to develop them.
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose. We rely on vendors to operate our infrastructure, and for each category of Personal Information that collect (i.e. web log data, registration data, payment data, service usage data, etc.), we disclose it to one or more of our vendors/service providers for a business purpose, including to develop, market, provide and support our services.
- The categories of service-providers/vendors with whom we share Personal Information. We share your Personal Information with our vendors in order to achieve our business purposes described above.
- Mattson does not sell Personal Information, so there is nothing for us to disclose to you based on your right to know this information. However, if Mattson does in the future, you have the right to know the categories of Personal Information that we sold about you, and the categories of third parties we sold it to, including list by category of Personal Information for each third party to which we sold Personal Information, if applicable.
- Your Right to Data Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected. Before we delete any information, we’ll need to verify your identity. The CCPA does not obligate us to delete information under all circumstances, including where we need the information to provide our services to you, to detect security incidents, to identify errors in our services, or to comply with legal obligations. If you request that we delete information, we’ll let you know if we are deleting it or if we are not deleting it based on exemptions provided by the CCPA. If we delete your information, we’ll also instruct our vendors (aka service providers) to delete it.
- Your Anti-Discrimination Rights. Businesses may not discriminate against you exercising any of your consumer privacy rights such as by: (1) denying you goods or services; (2) charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including via discounts or other benefits or penalties; (3) providing you a different level or quality of goods or services or (4) suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. Businesses may however discriminate where any difference is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your data. We will not discriminate against you in any way for exercising your privacy rights.
- Your Rights Regarding Financial Incentives. Mattson does not provide any types of financial incentives for providing Personal Information nor any type of loyalty programs and therefore there is nothing for us to disclose to you based on your right to know this information.
European Economic Area GDPR Disclosures
If you are a natural person residing within the European Economic Area (Data Subject), the following additional rights as expressed under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 known as the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) are applicable to you:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making;
- Obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that Personal Information held about you is deleted;
- Prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data; and
- Request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at [email protected]
Contact details for the Data Protection Officer:
Saenger Consulting GmbH & Co. KG
For Mattson Technology, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
47131 Bayside Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538 USA
Contact details for Mattson Thermal Products GmbH:
Last Updated: January 2020
 Examples are for illustrative purposes only. Mattson does not necessarily collect all these types of information and actual collection may vary from Consumer to Consumer based on numerous factors including, but not limited to, collection purposes, scope of commercial services or business relationship, requirements for providing the requested products and/or services, and compliance with industry standards and/or governmental regulations, including, but not limited to import/export controls and technology transfers.